Wondering how to make durian cake? In this article you’ll learn about what durian cake is and get a simple recipe you use to make a fluffy, delicious cake with this exotic fruit. You can still do your morning running habit and enjoy a piece of cake every now and then to indulge.
What is durian cake?
Durian cake is a popular Southeast Asian dessert that is made from the flesh of the durian fruit. The cake is often served with a sweet sauce or syrup, and it can be served either hot or cold.
There are many different ways to make durian cake, but one of the most popular methods is to steam the durian flesh and then mix it with other ingredients such as flour, sugar, eggs, and butter. Once the cake batter is smooth, it is then steamed again until it is cooked through.
If you want to try making this cake at home, here is a simple recipe that you can follow:
Simple durian cake
-1 cup durian flesh
-1/2 cup self-raising flour
-1/4 cup sugar
-1 tablespoon melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease and line a 20cm cake tin with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine durian flesh, flour, sugar, egg and butter. Mix well until combined.
3. Pour mixture into the prepared cake tin and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
4. Allow cake to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before removing and transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
5. Serve cake plain or with a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream. Enjoy!
Where to find other durian treats?
If you enjoy the taste of durian and looking for more snacks, you should check out these other durian treats: